9.27.2009

Lego Party!


The LEGO Party!


I enjoyed planning this fun lego party. I started with fun interactive invitations for the kids!I used a take-out box and pop dots adorned with paper circles to make the invite look like a lego brick. Attached to the outside of the box is a double sided tag. On one side is the invite instructions to build the legos "to decode the details" and on the other side is a picture of how the built legos should look.

Inside the box I put the lego pieces (not yet put together). On each lego piece I put a sticker (made with a label maker) with some of the details. The kids needed to assemble the legos according to the picture on the tag to see the entire party details. As long as they followed the picture colors they would have it all in order! 

The last detail I added was the alphabet beads on the wire handle of the box. I spelled out each child's name that was invited to the party! This was a difficult task and required some tools from my husband's tool box, but it looked really nice and kids just love to have things personalized with their names!



SWEET CONSTRUCTION SITE

My favorite part of the party was the "Sweet Construction Site" I designed to use as the favors to take home. Each child was given a bag and chose which candies they would like to take home as their favor gift for attending the party.
To detail the Site I made signs and labels and used coordinating paper and ribbons to tie it all together. I stuck with the colors of the party red, yellow, green and blue as my inspiration for the candies used.


THE ACTIVITIES
The lovely hostess Jacqui had a fabulous idea to lay out a sheet with a huge assortment of legos. The kiddos enjoyed playing and building.


There was also a guess how many legos are in the jar game, the winner took the whole jar and legos home!

I downloaded an assortment of lego pictures to color off the lego website.

I also came prepared with a little red light green light game, who can build the tallest tower in two minutes, and can you build a......etc.


The table was decorated by the beautiful cake that Jacqui's friend made. It looked amazing and tasted delicious! Also on the table were flowers in vases decorated with coordinating papers, a six made out of legos, and the personalized water bottles. I hung paper lanterns over the table and along the window.


THE BEST PART!

The kids all seemed to have a great time!


Thank you to Jacqui and Lincoln for the opportunity to plan this fun party!
I also planned a little craft, I had backpack clips and alphabet beads and the kids strung the beads to spell their names.

No comments:

Post a Comment