9.14.2010

Back to School Bookworm Party! {PLUS Free Printables}

With all good intentions and school fast approaching my two little party planning helpers and I sat out to design a back to school party!

We had most of the work and planning done, when just as we were ready to hand out the invites, my little man came down with the stomach flu. Having been through this before... I knew with a family of four, we could count on someone else coming down with the flu too. I didn't know the magic number of days that it would happen, but I knew it would likely happen! I decided not to hand out the invites, as I didn't want to have to cancel if another member of our brood was to be sick.

I looked at the calendar, and just couldn't come up with another date that would work for our family, or the friends and neighbors we would invite. Sadly, I decided to postpone indefinitely the Bookworm Party.

I snapped a few pictures of what we had all ready for the party.

BookWorm Favor Tags!

You can download these bookworm tags here!

These little tags can be used is so many ways! As treat toppers, favor tags, to tie around jars as decoration (pictured above), to make napkin rings, to fancy up the ordinary paper cups, as cupcake toppers, etc, the possibilities are endless :)

BookWorm BookMarks!

The BookWorm BookMarks can be downloaded here!

To make these bookmarks special, I laminated the entire sheet, trimmed them, punched a whole in the top and ran a ribbon through the hole. I had my munchkins string beads on the ribbon to personalize them to their liking!

I intended this to be a craft for the party. I would have the ribbon strung and the kids could then string the beads!

These bookmarks would be fun to hand out to your child's class, or better yet as a healthy alternative for the little tricker treaters that will soon be knocking on the door!

I would love to see pictures of your creations with the BookMarks and Favor Tags!
 Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. VERY cute. I'm planning a reading themed/book party for my 18 month old's 2nd birthday. Thanks for sharing the free printables!!

    ReplyDelete